Many people need aluminum profiles
, but they are not familiar with the extrusion molding process. They think that aluminum profiles can be directly extruded. The following describes what is the extrusion molding process and the aluminum profile molding process.
What is aluminum alloy extrusion molding:
Aluminum extrusion molding (or aluminum extrusion molding) is to apply strong pressure to the aluminum billet placed in the extrusion die cavity (or extrusion cylinder), forcing the aluminum billet to produce directional plastic deformation, from the extrusion die. A plastic processing method for parts or semi-finished products that are extruded in holes to obtain the desired cross-sectional shape, size and certain mechanical properties.
Can aluminum profiles be directly extruded?
Generally, extrusion molding of aluminum profiles requires extrusion die, heating the aluminum rod → extruding the desired cross-sectional shape of the profile through the extrusion die → cooling and cutting → aging of the aluminum profile (increasing hardness)
Aluminum profile forming process:
1. The first is aluminum rod casting: The aluminum ingot is heated and melted, a certain amount of alloying elements (magnesium, silicon) are added, and the casting machine is cast into round rods with different diameters.
2. Extrusion of aluminum profiles: The aluminum rods are first heated to a certain temperature to reach the critical point of aluminum liquefaction, then cut, thermally sheared, sent to an extruder for extrusion, and extruded through a die to extrude the desired cross-sectional shape. Then, quenching, quenching methods include air cooling and water cooling. The air-cooled state is T5, and the water-cooled state is T6.
3. Post-processing of aluminum profile extrusion: The tractor pulls out the profile, and when it reaches the required length, it is sawed by a hot saw, and the moving cooling bed moves the profile to the straightening machine for straightening. (The aluminum profile is soft when it is first extruded.) After straightening, cut it with a fixed-length saw, and load it into the transfer frame and enter the aging process.
4. Artificial aging of aluminum profile: Putting the aluminum profile material into the aging furnace and heating it to a certain temperature, and keeping it for 2-3 hours, can significantly improve the mechanical properties of the aluminum profile, especially the hardness.
5. Surface treatment: Anodizing - the sulphuric acid solution is connected to the anode of the DC power provide to carry out a redox reaction, and then a close and porous oxide film is formed on the surface, and then the hole is sealed, the aluminum alloy profile will be more wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant. Electrostatic sprinkling - using the faraday affect of the current electric field, the meticulous particles of the powder coating are uniformly adsorbed on the exteriorof the material. Play the role of protecting aluminum profiles. The surface-treated aluminum profiles are more corrosion-resistant, wear-resistant, and have a greatly increased service life.