The aluminum profiles used in the industry are what we know as industrial aluminum profiles. Compared with other aluminum profiles, the aluminum profiles used in the industry have higher requirements for the production of industrial aluminum profiles. We choose materials in the industry. At the same time, it also needs to be considered in many aspects! Whether it meets the requirements for production use. When we choose industrial aluminum profiles, we need to consider its strength, hardness and corrosion resistance. Material selection is based on where the material is likely to be used.
Industrial aluminum profile selection factors:
1. Strength: Strength is an important factor that must be considered in product design. When an aluminum alloy component is used as a component, an appropriate alloy should be selected according to the pressure it is subjected to. Pure aluminum has low strength, while 2000 series and 7000 series heat-treated alloys have high degrees, and there is a certain relationship between hardness and strength.
2. Hardness: Many customers are very concerned when purchasing aluminum, and the hardness is directly related to the chemical composition of the alloy. Secondly, different states also have a greater impact. From the point of view of the hardness that can be achieved, the 7000 series, 2000 series, 4000 series, 6000 series, 5000 series, 3000 series, and 1000 series decrease in turn.
3. Corrosion resistance: Corrosion resistance includes chemical corrosion, stress corrosion resistance and other properties. Generally speaking, 1000 series pure aluminum has good corrosion resistance, 5000 series performs well, followed by 3000 series and 6000 series, and 2000 series and 7000 series are poor. The selection elements of corrosion resistance should be determined according to its application. High-strength alloys are used in corrodent environments, and various anti-corrosion composite materials must be used.
4. Weldability: The weldability of most aluminum alloys is no problem, especially some 5000 series aluminum alloys are specially designed for welding. Relatively speaking, some 2000 series and 7000 series aluminum alloys are difficult to weld.
5. Decorative performance: When aluminum is used for decoration or some specific occasions, its surface needs to be anodized, painted, etc. to obtain the corresponding color and surface structure. At this time, its decorative properties should be considered. Generally speaking, materials with better corrosion resistance have excellent anodizing properties, surface treatment properties and coating properties.